<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8922490?origin\x3dhttp://-haxed-.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
♥
♥
♥
♥
♥
Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I was on the bus yesterday cause i was going to my student's place. Since my house is a stop before my primary school, it would be natural that there may be students boarding the bus at the next stop.

I used to remember that I was not a very brilliant kid in primary school. Perhaps it due to the fact that I was not as diligent and neither was I that motivated to study. One of the most common comments I used to see in my report book and progress report was " Shermain can learn to be neater in her work". It seems that i did not cultivate the habit of writing neatly since an early age.

Also, my grades were not that fantastic at all. In fact, they belong to the slightly above average category occasionally but most of the time it was plainly average. I use to remember hating mathematics because I started failing to understand them properly since primary 3. And I was not a really keen learner. I saw doing homework as a chore and I hated doing revision. As most kids should have known it, it was common (and it is still common today) for parents to spend money to buy those past year papers from the so called top primary schools and expect their kids to ace the examinations after attempting them. My parents happened to be one of such people, partly due to the influence from their friends whose kids are of the similar age group as me. But instead of really doing that well in exams, I ended up loathing them even more. So it is quite fair to say that I was not a really dedicated student. I think I was still immature back then, as I did not see a big deal in the so called streaming examinations and even dreamt of doing well without even putting in the equivalent amount of effort. So I was really that ignorant brat back then.

When I was in primary 5, my sister and I ended in different classes due to the difference in our grades in the primary 4 streaming. I can still remember how much I really disliked my form teacher back then. I have no idea why I did not like her, unlike most of my other classmates. Probably it's because I did not understand what she was teaching and I had no idea what she was talking or blabbering in class. And the way she talked seems as if she expects her students to look up to her with admiration. To me, she's not exactly the best teacher because she seems too idealistic and to arrogant and too insistent. Honestly speaking, I don't enjoy her lessons at all, contrary to what my classmates thought. Even till today, as I recalled my primary school days, I still disliked her (yes, I know that this sounds childish) and if I were given a choice, I would choose to prove her wrong. I was like the kid who did not get the candy she wanted from the teacher, so the kid retaliated by disliking the teacher.

This is just a random post since it was something on my mind when I saw the students from my primary school boarding the bus.